Family Cycling Workshop
We host year-round Family Cycling Workshops led by certified League Cycling Instructors (LCIs) for families who want to ride despite the lack of dedicated infrastructure in Vegas. We meet in no-to-low traffic areas and talk about family gear (cargo bikes, child seats, trailers, balance bikes, helmets, etc.), "taking the lane", when to use the sidewalk, how to use bike lanes, being flexible about route selection and then we put those skills into practice.
• Free. Must register on Facebook.
• $5 suggested donation for all attendees.
• Bring CPSC-approved helmets and bikes that are in good working order. Bike been collecting dust? Please get a tuneup before the workshop as we will not be doing any bike maintenance.
• Comfortably ride short distances with one hand on the handlebars.
• Stop quickly without losing control of your bike.
• Shift gears and choose the right gear for the terrain.
• This course is designed for those who already know how to ride a bike but need help riding with family/children. If you have difficulty with any of the above skills, please consider joining us for our Pedal and Balance Bike Clinics or message us to setup one-on-one lessons.
• Minimum 5. Maximum 10.
• Small class sizes and low instructor to student ratio allow the content to be tailored to your level.
• Bring snacks, lots of water, and lunch.
• Be sure to wear weather-appropriate clothing and closed-toe shoes.
• We also encourage families, if they are able, to bring something to share potluck-style
Through advocacy and education, our mission is to promote cycling as a vehicle for change that liberates and empowers families and builds healthy communities