Family Night Ride to Last Friday
Join us for a Family Bike Ride on Friday, September 27th. Meet at 6:45 pm at the bridge along the Union Pacific Railroad Trail (AKA 215 Trail) near Acacia Demonstration Gardens.
The route consists of a paved multiuse recreation trail and a bike lane in traffic (+ adjacent sidewalk) and will be approximately 3 miles total. The route is appropriate for children ages 5 and up who have learned to balance and have previous experience with neighborhood riding. (Bikes with training wheels are not appropriate for this ride.) At least one parent is required to ride with their child(ren).
The route will feature a cruise starting at Acacia Demonstration Gardens and on to Henderson Events Plaza to enjoy Last Friday on Water Street. Riders are responsible for their own return trip home. Last Friday ends at 10pm.
• Free but advance registration is required.
• $5 suggested donation for all attendees.
• At minimum, you must bring 1 rear (red) and 2 front (white) lights for all bikes. We encourage you to bring much more and make yourself visible as this is a ride that will take place in the evening.
• If you feel uncomfortable leaving your bike unattended, please bring locks.
• Bring CPSC-approved helmets and bikes that are in good working order. Bike been collecting dust? Please get a tuneup before the workshop as we will not be doing any bike maintenance.
• Comfortably ride short distances with one hand on the handlebars.
• Stop quickly without losing control of your bike.
• Shift gears and choose the right gear for the terrain.
• If you have difficulty with any of the above skills, please consider joining us for our Pedal and Balance Bike Clinics or message us to setup one-on-one instruction.
Through advocacy and education, our mission is to promote cycling as a vehicle for change that liberates and empowers families and builds healthy communities